Good health involves making healthy lifestyle choices. Family HealthCare has integrated wellness and lifestyle medicine into our primary care services. Learn about lifestyle changes you can make today to improve your overall health.
FHC Lifestyle Medicine Services
- Tobacco cessation
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes Management
- High cholesterol Management
- Asthma Teaching
- Nutrition counseling
- Home blood pressure monitoring
Our Clinical Pharmacists work with primary care providers to help manage your medications. These professionals sit down with you and are available onsite to see you face to face. Managing your health becomes difficult when you are taking multiple medications. Our pharmacists will work with you to ensure you take the appropriate doses, types, and combinations of medication for optimal health.
- Work with patients to help them understand and manage their diabetes – type 1, type 2, gestational, and pre-diabetes
- Teach patients how to test their blood sugar
- Teach patients how to inject insulin when needed
- Family HealthCare can help patients obtain any necessary medicine to help with the quitting process and assist with ND Quits or the MN Quit Partner program.
- Know Your Dose – Education about acetaminophen to lower the risk of overdose.
- Million Hearts – Heart Health – Heart Disease, Stroke, Resources, and more.
- Up and Away – Medicine Safety for Parents and Caregivers.
- Script Your Future – Improving medicine adherence through educational tools, resources, and tools.
- American Diabetes Association – Living with Diabetes, Food and Fitness, Research, and more.
- Diabetes Resource Directory – Programs and services in Fargo-Moorhead.
- The American Medicine Chest Challenge – Resources for storing, taking, and disposing of prescription medication properly. Includes the 5-Step American Chest Challenge.